The older I get, the more I realize how fast summer gets away from me. Between work, travelling to my parents’ house for holidays and just lazing around, I really don’t take advantage of summer like I did as a kid. This year is a bit different for me too. Since making a career change, I am going to be very busy during the week, so I need to make the most of my free time! These are some things I really want to do this summer…
1. Run a half marathon (I already have one in mind and am training… let’s hope my knees hold up this time)
2. Hike somewhere and watch the sun rise over LA… preferably somewhere with a waterfall
3. Read a few books
4. Buy 90 percent of my food from Farmers Markets (you can’t find everything there, but you can definitely get some veggies!)
5. Try paddle boarding
6. Revamp my closet/wardrobe… it’s time to grow up and get rid of my bazillion t-shirts.
7. Take a staycation. There are so many amazing things to do in this city that I really need to experience.
8. Use more fresh flowers around the apartment
9. Bake a pie… from scratch
10. Get a tan. I’m usually the tannest in my family, but have been working A TON the last year or so. Needless to say, my mother thinks I’m sick because I’ve lost my color. Her words: “Natalie, when you’re this pale you just look gray. Gray and sick.” This must be fixed!